16 Things to Know Before Visiting
1. There are some fabulous hiking trails around the Cinque Terre - in fact, over 75 miles (120km) of them!
2. Monterosso al Mare is the northernmost village and is an epic beach destination. It's so dreamy!
3. Avoid the high-season. Most people already know this, but trust us, Cinque Terre is best when you can enjoy it with fewer crowds!
4. Be prepared to eat! The fresh seafood in Cinque Terre is out of this world! Also be sure to try a glass of local Sciacchetra wine.
5. The Cinque Terre was Italy's first national park, only designated as such in 1999!