THE ROCKY MOUNTAINS
10 INTERESTING FACTS
1. The Rockies are Home to a Supervolcano called the Yellowstone Caldera
2. There are 9 US national parks located within the Rocky Mountains (click below to find out which ones they are).
3. The Rocky Mountains divide the North American continent (called the 'Continental Divide).
4. Athabasca Glacier (Canada) is the most-visited glacier in North America
5. The Rocky Mountains contain massive sand dunes and they can be visited at Great Sand Dunes National Park in Colorado.